Ways You Can Support Our Businesses
January 15, 2021
CEO JOHN HOPKINS DISCUSSES ECONOMIC RECOVERY WITH CTV MORNING LIVE
January 14, 2021
REGINA ECONOMIC RECOVERY GRANT – PHASE II
- Funds are still available for Phase II of the Regina Economic Recovery Grant. Eligible businesses can access up to $25,000 in matching grants to support business sustainability.
- More than $550,000 in grant funding has already been distributed. Applications can be submitted online and are being accepted weekly.
- Click here for more information on the program and to apply.
RE-OPEN SASKATCHEWAN TRAINING SUBSIDY EXTENDED
- The Government of Saskatchewan has extended the application deadline for the Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy to March 31, 2021.
The News Release and program information can be found here.
SIMPLIFIED PROCESS FOR CLAIMING HOME OFFICE EXPENSES
- The Canada Revenue Agency has simplified the way employees can claim home office expenses on their personal income tax return for the 2020 tax year.
- Employees who worked from home more than 50% of the time over a period of at least four consecutive weeks in 2020 due to COVID-19 are now eligible to claim the deduction. The simplified deduction allows employees to claim $2 each day they worked from home, up to a maximum of $400 without the requirement of a special form from their employer.
The full Government of Canada News Release can be found here.
SASKATCHEWAN INTRODUCES STRONG RECOVERY ADAPTATION REBATE
- The program reimburses eligible small businesses in Saskatchewan for one-time, incremental expenses they have incurred to adapt their business model to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
More information can be found here.
LOWER TAXES FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
- Legislation to reduce the tax rate for Saskatchewan small businesses over the next three years was introduced, fulfilling another major commitment made by the government in the recent election campaign.
The full news release can be found here.
Regina & District Chamber of Commerce
2145 Albert St.
Phone: (306) 757-4658
Fax: (306) 757-4668