The Regina & District Chamber of Commerce wants to support you and your business as we continue to navigate the pandemic.
We have compiled a list of up-to-date information and resources related to COVID-19 to help you stay informed. We will continue to monitor and gather information so you can find what you need.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
We are here to help.
Contact Us to ask a question or start a discussion on how we can best support you during this time.
For the most up to date information on COVID-19, travel and health-related information:
IMPORTANT GOVERNMENT UPDATES
December 03, 2020 - The Government of Saskatchewan renewed the Small Business Emergency Payment Program (SSBEP) for the period of December 1 to December 31.
The program will begin accepting applications on December 7, 2020.
More information on the program can be found here.
November 23, 2020 – The Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) is now accepting applications through the Canada Revenue Agency. The new rent subsidy supports businesses, charities, and non-profits that have suffered a revenue drop by providing support to a maximum of 65% of eligible expenses.
Qualifying organizations can now apply directly for the subsidy for the period of September 27 to October 24, 2020. Applications for the October 25 to November 21, 2020 period will open on November 30.
More information can be found here.
November 5, 2020 – On October 9, the Government of Canada proposed the new Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy to provide direct relief to businesses, non-profits, and charities that continue to be economically impacted by COVID-19. Once legislation is passed, the program is set to run from November 2020 to June 2021.
Additional information on the proposed program can be found here.
November 3, 2020 – The Government of Canada announced new measures to help small businesses access global markets during the pandemic. The government has adapted the CanExport SMEs program to help small businesses with non-travel related expenses, including:
- develop and expand their e-commerce presence by covering partial costs associated with online sales platforms and digital strategy consulting, as well as advertising and search engine optimization
- attend virtual trade shows and other business-to-business events
- navigate new COVID-19-related trade barriers by helping pay for new international market certifications and requirements
The full News Release can be found here.
October 26, 2020 - The Government of Canada announced that the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) will be available to businesses that have been operating out of a non-business banking account. To be eligible, businesses must have been operational as of March 1, 2020, must open a business account at a Canadian financial institution as well as meet existing CEBA eligibility criteria.
The deadline to apply for CEBA is December 31, 2020. Read the full News Release.
Information on resources and programs available to help your business during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Resources for Business
- Saskatchewan Small Business Emergency Payment Program (SSBEP)
- Re-Open Saskatchewan Training Subsidy
- Saskatchewan Tourism Sector Support Program
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) interest-free loans
- Work-Sharing program
- Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS)
- Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF)
- Support for Indigenous businesses
- Temporary Wage Subsidy
- Canada United Small Business Relief Fund
Support for Individuals and Employees
- Mortgage payment deferral
- Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
- Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
- Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
- Employment Insurance (EI) program
Mental Health Resources
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Government of Saskatchewan Resources
- Canadian Red Cross
- WorkSafe Saskatchewan
Regina & District Chamber of Commerce
2145 Albert St.
Phone: (306) 757-4658
Fax: (306) 757-4668