Lead. Empower. Connect.
Businesses and Community
The history of the Regina Board of Trade (now Chamber of Commerce) dates back to the initial formation of the town back in the early 1880s with some of the earliest references being back in 1881. The Regina Board of Trade was incorporated in 1886 under the federal Boad of Trade Act. The rationale for formation of the Board of Trade was for business owners to have a voice in dealing with the Canadian Pacific Railroad, town officials and to have a voice in dealing with the Federal Government. Fast forward to today and the Regina & District Chamber of Commerce essentially exists for the same reason:
- For Regina and district businesses to have a Voice with multiple stakeholders including government
- To serve the needs of members through various mediums including events and education
- To provide cost savings programs for members
- To provide mediums for members to connect with other members
- To provide community leadership
- To provide member advocacy
The Regina & District Chamber of Commerce has created a solid foundation for our local business community. We strive to provide our members with a trusted and valued business advocacy voice and educational support.
Our goal is to bring the Queen City business community together, regardless of industry or size.
Together we can continue to make Regina a community that not only attracts business but remains a destination city where people come to live, work and play.
2022 STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Membership attraction and retention
- Enhance member engagement
- Develop training and development options for members
- Focus on internal and external communications
- Comprehensive communications that tell the story of the Chamber and membership
- Create a community that believes that Growth Matters
- Increase Board engagement with community organizations
- Ongoing support of Reconciliation Regina efforts
- Maintain positive relationships with all levels of government
- Develop a strong understanding of the issues affecting business and community
- Ongoing communication of advocacy work to members and community